WWBBA WINTER TRAVEL INFORMATION
- We are pleased to announce the dates and times of try-outs for our 2018 - 2019 travel teams. As in previous years, we expect to field one 3rd grade team and two teams in grades 4 - 8
- Click HERE to Register for WWBBA Tryouts
The link above will take you to a Sign Up Genius page. At the bottom of the Sign Up Genius page, simply click the appropriate age group and enter your son's name, birth date and grade - you must also enter an email address and phone number so the coaches can connect with you before and after the tryouts. There is no cost to attend tryouts.
- This is registration for the travel tryout, not the team. If your son makes one of the travel teams, you will register through a link that will be provided at a later date. The cost for travel basketball this season is $250. You will also need to purchase a new uniform (all WWBBA teams will get new uniforms this year) for approximately $50. If your son does not make one of the travel teams, you will be able to register him for intramural basketball through WWBBA.
- If you live in the Central Bucks School District, you are eligible to play travel basketball for WWBBA. If you live in a neighboring town or school district you may be eligible to play travel basketball for WWBBA, but you will need to contact Mark Chelak (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out if a geographic exception is possible.
- Note that if your age (as of August 1, 2018) does not match the corresponding grade, please contact travel director Mark Chelak at Mark.email@example.com regarding a possible age/grade exception.
- Be sure to sign-up for try-outs at least 24 hours prior to the FIRST listed try-out for your group so you’ll receive any important information from the coach.
- Prior to try-outs be sure to read the attached waiver and the concussion information linked within the waiver. WWBBA Travel Try-out Waiver.
WWBBA Travel Try-out Waiver
2018/2019 WWBBA Travel Tryout DATES
Travel tryout dates are as follows:
- 3rd Grade
- Monday October 8th 6:15-7:45 @ Mill Creek
- Monday October 15th 6:15-7:45 @ Mill Creek
- Friday October 19th 6:00-7:30 @ Tamanend
- 4th Grade
- Friday October 12th 6:00-7:30 @ Tamanend
- Sunday October 14th 6:00-7:30 @ Tamanend
- Thursday October 18th 6:00-7:30 @Tamanend
- 5th Grade
- Monday October 8th 7:30-9:00 @ Tamanend
- Thursday October 11th 7:30-9:00 @Tamanend
- Sunday October 14th 7:30-9:00 @Tamanend
- 6th grade
- Monday October 8th 7:45-9:15 @ Mill Creek
- Friday October 12th 7: 30-9:00 @Tamanend
- Monday October 15th 6:00-7:30 @Tamanend
- 7th grade
- Sunday October 14th 4:30-6:00 @Tamanend
- Monday October 15th 7:45-9:15 @ Mill Creek
- Thursday October 18th 7:30-9:00 @Tamanend
- 8th grade
- Monday October 8th 6:00-7:30 @ Tamanend
- Thursday October 11th 6:00-7:30 @Tamanend
- Monday October 15th 7:30-9:00 @Tamanend
While not required, players are strongly encouraged to attend at least two of the three tryouts for their age group to ensure coaches and evaluators can accurately assess their skills.
If you have a player interested in TRAVEL BOYS BASKETBALL it is critical that you are aware of the information below – please read it in full.
To improve the registration experience for everyone involved, travel players sign-up for try-outs prior to try-outs but register AFTER the conclusion of try-outs once teams are determined.
Players should plan on attending the tryout for the appropriate age group as referenced below:
- Age 8 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 3rd grade for 2018-19 school year)
- Age 9 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 4th grade for 2018-19 school year)
- Age 10 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 5th grade for 2018-19 school year)
- Age 11 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 6th grade for 2018-19 school year)
- Age 12 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 7th grade for 2018-19 school year)
- Age 13 or younger as of 8/1/2018 (typically 8th grade for 2018-19 school year)
If your son is "older" than the age cutoff listed above, but in the specified grade, he may be able to play with his grade vs. his age appropriate team. Please contact travel director Mark Chelak (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out if a grade exception is possible.
Please sign-up ASAP and at least 48 hours prior to the first listed tryout for your son's age group to ensure you receive any information circulated by the coaches. Communication from coaches will be sent to the email you provide as part of this sign-up.
Prior to tryouts be sure to read the waiver at this link and the concussion information linked within the waiver. WWBBA Travel Try-out Waiver
At the conclusion of try-outs, players who make a team will be given online registration instructions and will have 48 hours to sign-up. Players not signed-up within the given time frame will not be able to participate with the team this season.
Players who do not make the team will also have 48 hours to sign-up for the in-house (intramural) program. Players not signed-up within the given time frame will not be placed on an in-house team.
When IN-HOUSE registration becomes available and registration reminder emails are sent to prior year WWBBA players, players trying out for travel should NOT register in the in-house registration as the travel registration will be completely separate.
Please email Mark Chelak, travel director, with any questions. Mark.email@example.com
Anyone interested in coaching or helping coach a travel team, please reach out to Mark Chelak as well.
Thank you for your continued participation in the WWBBA!